Thursday, June 11, 2015

Clorox- Life's Bleachable Moments

I don't think I ever wrote this yet, (and I'm too lazy to read back and check if I did or not) but I had to be convinced into agreeing to adopt Bubs. He was 6 years old, not potty trained, and has separation anxiety. This is our first time living together and I'm an A-type neat freak, so it was a big change from living alone to living with my bf and a dog. I don't regret adopting Bubs, he's a lot of work, but I love him.

The bf has loved this guy since he was a puppy, but I take care of a lot of his maintenance. I give him baths and groom him, pick up his poop in the backyard, buy his food and medicine, wash all his towels, collars, and dishes and make all his vet appointments. (Not saying that the bf doesn't do stuff, he walks, feeds, and takes him to the vet appointments, but I always have to do the dirty work.)

I've definitely shared several poop stories but he's gotten into shit (literally) for the past two days while I was at work.

Bleachable Moment 1
The call from the bf
Him: OMG he pooped right outside the door, jumped on it, and smeared it all over the door!
Me: hahahhahaha. I don't know why he poops there
Him: I had to give him a bath
Me: Did you hose down the walkway and door yet?
Him: Yes
Me: Ok don't forget to bleach the bathtub

Some background- the dog run has a door that leads to our garage and when we come home, he gets excited and jumps up and down against the door.

Bleachable Moment 2
The call from the bf
Him: Did you let Bubs out this morning before going to work?
Me: Yes, I tried to tell you it was raining, but you were sleeping.
Him: HE POPPED INSIDE HIS KENNEL
Me: hahahahaha. Did it get outside of his kennel?
Him: no, I smelled it as soon as I walked into the house and carried it outside and hosed it down and then I had to give him a bath again.
Me:  OK don't forget to bleach the bathtub.
Him: I did.
Me: Funny how you hate cleaning up his poop and bathing him, but he made you do it two days in a row.

Some background- Bubs doesn't like going out in the rain, sometimes he'll avoid pooping because of that. Also, we avoid leaving him in his dog run when it rains because he'll get muddy so we leave him inside his kennel in our dining room.

No comments:

Post a Comment