Sunday, January 29, 2017

Pet Meds and allergies

I'm such a dim-whit! I proudly removed all the beef products from Bub's diet and gave him a bath. I gave him his Trifexis medicine and BAM, he was all itchy again. I looked up the medicine online and discovered that Trifexis was beef flavored. Why didn't I read the package?!

I did online research and found that the medicine is artificially flavored with beef. I even went further to find out that the beef flavor is derived from pork proteins yet Bubs is still allergic.

I researched the HeartGuard medicine that he used to take and found that it was also beef flavor. It turns out almost all oral medications are beef or artificially beef flavored.

We're going to start using Advantage +. I hope to see better results soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment