Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Mattress Distress

Bubs sleeps on this awesome raised bed that I had made for my non-existent dog (before Bubs), but before Bubs moved in with us, he slept at the foot of the bed at his old home. He's been really good about not going onto our bed and is used to sleeping on his bed and knows it is his, but the BF wants him sleeping in our bed. I compromised by agreeing to allow him on our bed if we get a King. I successfully sold my old bed (from our guestroom) on Craigslist and are using the money to help us pay for a new King.


I've done a lot of research online and found The Old Bed Guy and decided to go to the local Sleeptrain last night to check out a few mattresses before committing to the bed I have chosen to buy online and pass by the market on the way home. We left Bubs in his kennel since we were only going to be out of the house for a few hours and when we got home, the BF was bringing in the groceries and asked me to get Bubs. I let him out of his kennel and I went to check if he peed inside (last week he had an accident inside his kennel) As I got closer, I realized he pooped inside his kennel!

He had ran past me and out the door to the garage and into the front yard as I began to yell to the BF "don't let him back in! He pooped!" I picked up the kennel and brought it out. Bubs was running around the front yard as I discovered his blanket and kennel smudged with poop. I then ran Bubs into the tub and washed him. From there, I discovered poop spots covering the distance between the kennel and the door which I scrubbed. (The BF did help clean the kennel AFTER cooking dinner since I was cleaning the dog and floor)

Mattress Education:
The Old Bed Guy has guided me to purchase a Charles P. Rogers mattress as it was one of the preferred manufacturers. These mattresses are well built with quilted tops and bottoms (even if it is a one sided mattress) and low profile foundations (that are covered in material and padded). The one thing I wasn't sure of was softness vs. firmness. We headed over to sleeptrain to try out some beds and liked the firm better than the plush. As for frame, we wanted a platform and learned that beds are OK as long as they're made of hardwood with slats at the maximum of 2.5 inches apart. According to the Old Bed Guy L&P make majority of the frames that are sold in the various mattress stores. This same frame was more expensive on all of the other retail sites and I found it on Amazon.

We purchased the Leggett and Platt bed frame and are going to order the St. Charles mattress after we assemble the Frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment