Friday, February 5, 2016

Science 1 Skunk Smell 0

After our vacation, Bubs has been waking us up at 5am by scratching the door. He has successfully trained us to know when he has to use the bathroom! I'll take it over him going in our room though. I am NOT a morning person and I know that the closer to going to sleep I let him out, the later he'll let me sleep in.

Before taking a shower, the fiance attempted to let him out to do his business. Bubs didn't go. Around midnight, after my shower and before brushing my teeth and blow drying my hair, I let him out again, but this time I decided to use the garage door to the yard (instead of the sliding door). He ran down and I thought "hmm great! He's going and I'll be able to sleep in!" When he came back HE SMELLED LIKE SKUNK =(

I yelled for the fiance to come. Poor Bubs got it in the face (his left eye) and was trying to wipe it off on some carpet and cardboard boxes while we were in the garage. I was given one of Bub's towels and wrapped him up and threw him and the towel in the tub while trying to figure out what to do.

The fiance found solutions online. Since Bubs got it in the eyes, we were instructed to flush out his eyes with cold water. To eliminate the smell the recipe is below.

Skunk Smell Eliminator:
1 pint 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
1 tsp Dishwashing Liquid (Blue Dawn is great for pets)
1/4 cup Baking Soda

Directions:
Mix together and USE GLOVES to apply it anywhere the skunk sprayed. Use it right away and DO NOT store! The fumes will make a container explode if you try to keep it.

The scientific concotion makes the skunk smell go away! Bubs doesn't stink at all and we're so happy! I'm also grateful that we cut his hair bc it would have been such a pain to deal with hair last night on top of everything else.

One problem I faced this morning was that his collor still smelled after washing it in the machine. I am going to buy more 3% Hydrogen Peroxide and make more to wash his collar and my shoulder.. I was told I that smelled a little at work today! How embarrasing.





No comments:

Post a Comment