Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Coronado Way

I started participating in Bootcamp at the Crossfit box my bf goes to. Every Saturday morning, I go to my Bootcamp and then walk Bubs after. This past weekend was different though. I ran into my old neighbor from when I was a kid and she told me that her daughter, Gem, (my age) was having a baby shower and invited me to go. I reached out to Gem on FB and she sent me the invitation. The party turned out to be at a park so I took Bubs with me knowing that they were a very dog friendly family. Grundy Park is a great little park in San Bruno. There is a great play structure for kids, basketball court, large grassy field, and a small picnic area.

There was a guy with about 5 small dogs / puppies playing in the large grassy area with both sunny and shaded areas. Every so often, Bubs and I would walk away from the picnic area where we spent most of our time.

Bubs enjoying the shade

When Gem and I were kids, we used to spend everyday with each other. We went to the same school and played at each others houses. We had a great time catching up and talking about our childhood. When we were younger, all of the kids in our neighborhood would play hide-n-seek on our street, Coronado Way. There were 10+ of us, and our mom's would sometimes sit on the steps of our houses on "heat wave" nights. It is sad to think that it's not like that anymore.. kids can't even trick-or-treat in neighborhoods, let alone play outside because of all the creeps and predators. Hanging out with Gem was great and I'm glad I went even if I hadn't seen her in over 10 years.


Gem 8 Months Pregnant with Aubrey Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment